Andrew Bock stands for real representation for the people of Nicholls & across the Goulburn Murray Region.
At each federal election, your green lower house ballot paper is essentially asking three questions:
- Who would you like to be Prime Minister
- Which party would you like to be in government, and
- Which local candidate best represents your community.
The tricky part is, you're only able to answer one!
Whilst major party candidates must always have one eye on Western Sydney or South East QLD, Andrew will always have both eyes fixed on the needs of our Goulburn-Murray region.
Andrew's approach is based upon the three principles of Community & Economic Development:
First, we need to secure what we already have. This includes:
- Infrastructure improvements to lower freight costs.
- Lowering power prices for both businesses and families.
- Changes to the Murray Darling Basin Plan to assist all river users.
- Further investment in the Health sector to improve access & affordability.
Secondly, we need to utilise what we have to create jobs and grow our existing employers. We do this by:
- Encouraging visitor numbers through tourism & events.
- Working with councils and community groups to attract grants.
- Ensure governments are working to secure and expand export markets.
Thirdly, we use the resulting economic growth to attract further investment and sustainable population growth. This could include new food manufacturing businesses, tourism ventures, retail opportunities and diverse agricultural enterprises.